When you hear content marketing, what do you think of? Most people probably think of the classic PDF. The PDF as a content marketing tool has been around a long time, and as I mentioned before, “PDFs can help extend your reach beyond the blog and convert any potential customers still unsure about your company’s brand.”
There are a lot of benefits to using PDFs in your content marketing strategy. They’re easy to create, they can be read across multiple platforms, they are easily shareable, and they are generally mobile-ready. They’re also good when the content is graphic-heavy, such as using a lot of charts, graphs, and diagrams.
Content Marketing for the Future
However, an even better tool in this age of DIY publishing is the eBook. Yes, many content marketers call PDFs eBooks, and many e-books can be published in PDF form. But when it comes to content marketing, ethere are major differences between PDFs and eBooks.
The minimalistic approach of PDFs are good for those just starting out in content marketing, but you can miss many opportunities by sticking only with PDFs. If you’re looking to step up your marketing game and opt for higher quality content marketing tools, eBooks are the way to go.
Upgrade Your Content Marketing Strategy
Here are some reasons why you should consider upgrading your content marketing from a PDF to an eBook:
- They can generate extra income for your business.
- They can create more inbound leads across all platforms.
- They are more professional and brand your company as the expert in your field.
- They’re readable and shareable across virtually all platforms, including eReaders.
- Textually, eBooks flow better than PDFs because of their fluid format.
- eBooks are a more substantial content marketing product to offer your customers.
- Formatting of eBooks is higher quality than PDFs (and required on most eBook publishing platforms).
- Your company can get more exposure by making eBooks available on multi-distribution channels.
- You can sell your eBook directly to your customers, eliminating the third-party publishing companies.
- You can use lighter-content PDFs to sell your more in-depth eBooks.
- You can include multimedia products with eBooks, such as videos, interactive worksheets, and more.
- With publishing software like Pubsoft, you can use data analytics to track customer behavior and further engage and connect with them.
These are just a few reasons why eBooks trump PDFs when it comes to content marketing. That’s not to say you should completely forego PDFs in your content marketing strategy. But if you’re looking for a long-term marketing tool that can see you through the growth of your company, eBooks are the new black.
If you’re interested in learning how Pubsoft can help you with eBook content marketing strategy, contact us to learn more or schedule a demo.